Open Source Developer, Self
Spending a few months developing tools to make engineering in the clouds
easier. And other assorted tools
- Quickly Built a tool to view twitter exports
- Begun work on a module
- Built a website to highlight the problems with FPTP
- Built a tool to monitor activity on toxic internet communities
Cloud Systems Developer Lead, Cloudreach
Worked on customer projects as a Lead/Architect and mentored a small team.
- Architect on several Enterprise engagement, at companies such as NBIM,
BP, News UK, etc.
- Delivered both the architecture and implementation on multiple Cloud Access
- Managed a team for 4 engineers, helping them get the most out of working
- Helped run a city government hackathon (TFL)
Role Owner (Cloud Systems Developers), Cloudreach
Worked with the leadership team to improve the System Developers role.
- Helped Engineers get improve their technical skills though a hands-on
training workshop program
- Trained and mentored multiple sets of graduates
Internal hackathons/skunkworks Developer, Cloudreach
While at Cloudreach, worked on various spikes and hackathons
- Built Automated tanks that used image recognition to move and fire at
- Built various useful internal tools, that remained in use for years
- Built a variety of IaC tools, that made deployments easier
- Won a trip to Central America
- Had project open sourced externally, by somebody that found it useful
Cloud Systems Developer, Cloudreach
Worked on technical projects on AWS, Google Apps & Salesforce both
individually and as part of a team.
- Worked across 3 cloud platforms (Google, AWS, Salesforce)
- Delivered difficult Google 2 Google migrations on tight deadlines
Full support for small businesses including end user systems, on-premise
servers and cloud services.
- Worked in a user facing role, for a variety of small businesses
- Made use of automation and unix, in an otherwise manual windows environment